Sunday, January 23, 2011

The rainy season will come

Everything is very green around here.  We have frequent showers and some serious rain.  But this is the dry season.  I understand that the rainy season is February through May.  There is a lot of construction taking place in Kigali, and much of it seems to be improving drainage for when the rains arrive.  Each building has drainage around it, the streets and sidewalks incorporate drainage channels.  Here are some pictures from Kist and the neighborhood.  I hope I will get pictures of these when they are in full use.





This is around the guesthouse.

 We cross this footbridge as we walk from the parking lot to the guesthouse.  They have made the drainage ditch deeper.

 This is from a nearby residential area.  The water flows under the sidewalk and to the other side.

I'm looking forward to seeing these in action!  (I'm sure I will regret that statement.)

No comments:

Post a Comment