Wednesday, January 12, 2011

I have Internet!

Today my office mate, Denis, showed me what I needed to do to access the internet from KIST so I am now connected!  People are very helpful here, so learning my way around has not been difficult.

Classes have started; I am teaching the two courses that I expected to teach - differential equations to two different groups of students, math majors and physics majors.  I have met a tutorial (recitation section) with the physics majors; that went well.  I must be careful to speak slowly - my accent is difficult to understand.  I will see the physics students again tomorrow, and the math majors on Friday. 

Just because I know that there is a major snowstorm in Boston, I will have to mention the weather.  It is warm and sunny most mornings; frequently a shower in the afternoon, and it cools off at night - sometimes we even need a blanket.  The sun rises and sets around 6:00 (a.m. and p.m. of course) - we get up at 6 and go to sleep when we get tired.  It really is amazing weather.  We eat lunch at the school cafeteria; it costs 1,000 Rwandan Francs which is about $1.70.  It's all you want of a wide variety of vegetables and if you want, a piece of meat.  We're sort of being vegetarian but we are eating well.

No comments:

Post a Comment